Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The New Blog!

Greetings, fellow food lovers. I just wanted to take some time and say welcome to my new food blog. Actually, my first food blog, but it's still new. I wanted to sit down and just write a little without everything being about recipes. Take some time and introduce myself and the blog.

What brings me here?

Food, and good recipes. I'm not a trained professional chef, but I do know good food and tasty recipes when I see them. It doesn't take a college degree to learn what pairs well with what, and what you should avoid doing at all costs. This is what brings me here. The chance to share my experiences and discoveries with the rest of the world.

Why post these recipes here?

Because, I want you to know what I have found, what I have experienced, and what I have failed at attempting to do. Of course you are more than welcome to share these recipes, make them into your own, and pass them around as you wish. That is what cooking is about, sharing and being a community.

What does cooking mean to me?

I like cooking, and writing. I also like art. To me, I see cooking to be a lot like forming a piece of art. The plate is just a canvas, the ingredients are the paints, and your tools are brushes used to bring it all together into one synchronized masterpiece. Cooking is about bringing people together to share among themselves the stories and hopes of our past, our present, and our future. Cooking to me isn't about just putting a good meal on the table, it's about forming a community and bettering the world one plate at a time.

Why do I put cocktails here?

Because I am always thinking, always creating, always figuring tasty combinations. This includes drinks and cocktails as well. I was a bartender for a while, and I learned that mixing drinks is much the same as cooking. It's a beautiful form of art. Instead of steaks, you are using vodka, to replace the gravy, you use sweet vermouth, and you trade the side of mashed potatoes for three wine-soaked olives. For me, it's the same thing as making a delicious plate of food, but your ingredients are liquid instead.

Can you ask me for help?

Of course! I'd love to help you figure something out. Just keep in mind this is a blog about food and drinks, not about putting together a bike for little Timmy. If you need a suggestion, or even a question answered about cooking, baking, or pairing foods with drinks, throw me a line. There are several ways to reach me. Right here on the blog, or come visit me on Facebook. I'm going to set up a few other ways to get in touch soon, so keep checking back.

What about exotic foods?

Awesome, let's go for it! I've had everything from elk, bear, and alligator, to bison, pheasant, and duck. If you want me to post some recipes using less-conventional ingredients, just ask. As long as I can get a hold of the item you are asking about, I will do my best to come up with something to please your curiosity and make you hungry for more.

~Bon Appétit~

1 comment:

  1. I havent had the opportunity to try these recipes yet, but from what I have heard from some of our mutual freinds its something to look forward to.

    Lee Peterson
    aka:Brentworth

    ReplyDelete