Translate

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mango Passion

Hello everyone. I said this was a food blog, but why not post about the things that go well with food too, like a good cool drink to enjoy after trying one of those other delicious recipes. So I've decided to also post recipes to drinks and cocktails along with food.

This is my recipe for a drink I came up with a number of years ago. I knew this gal online who had the nickname Mango^Passion, and I made a cocktail based upon her nickname (and yes she knows about this). It's a nice fruity drink that goes perfect with a cool summer evening on the beach.

1 oz White Rum (Oronoco)
1 oz Dark Rum (Captain Morgan Black)
1 oz Peach Schnapps
2 oz Mango Juice
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1/4 oz Grenadine
Twist of Lime Peel and/or Lime Wedge

Combine liquors and juices in a shaker with a handful of ice. Shake vigorously, pour into you favorite glass or mug. Gently layer the grenadine on the top, and garnish with either a twist of lime peel, or a thinly sliced lime wedge, or heck, do both!

Do you have a favorite drink recipe? I'd love to talk about it.

~bon appétit~

No comments:

Post a Comment