Translate

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing

This recipe was given to me by a very dear friend last year, and it quickly became one of my favorites. I've modified it a couple times to suit my taste, so I will share my version of the recipe, and I will also share the original.

Original Version:

4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cans of Cambell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 soup can of water
ground sage
1 package of Pepperidge Farm Granulated Herbal Stuffing
1 Cup of butter

My Version:

4-6 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Thighs
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 soup can of water
ground thyme
ground sage
black pepper
1 package of Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix
1 Cup of Butter

1: Mix, but do not heat soup and water together. If using my version, mix in 1 teaspoon of black pepper as well. Set aside. Lightly dust each piece of chicken with sage (and thyme in my version).

2: Spray the inside of your Crock Pot, or whatever brand of slow cooker you are using, with non-stick cooking spray. I prefer to use butter flavored spray, to add a little extra flavor to the finished product. Set cooking temperature to high.

3: Starting with the soup mixture, create layers of soup and chicken until you are out of both.

4: Fill slow cooker to the top with the stuffing mix. Drizzle melted butter over top and cover the dish.

5: Allow to cook for 4-5 hours, without mixing or stirring. Once it is done cooking, shut off slow cooker and serve immediately.

I like to make a side of steamed white rice or mashed potatoes to serve this on top of. I make this at least once or twice a month, is how much I love this simple dish. It allows me to toss it together and forget about it, which is the glory of cooking with a slow cooker.

~Bon Appétit~

Crock-Pot 6-Qt. Cook And Carry Slow Cooker With Little Dipper (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment