Translate

Friday, October 19, 2012

Druid's Easy Alfredo Sauce

This sauce I just made tonight. It was delicious; much better than the 'easy' alfredo sauce I tried to make a few weeks ago. I used mild Italian sausage, making the sauce in the same skillet I cooked the sausage in, without removing the meat or drippings. So If it needs a little work to go with other meats, such as chicken or shrimp, please, let me know.

1 Pint Half and Half
1 Cup Cream Cheese
2 TBSP Butter
2 TBSP Finely Minced Garlic
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1/2 Cup Chopped Button Mushrooms
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Parsley Flakes

1: Combine olive oil, garlic, onion, and mushrooms in a hot skillet, and sauté until onions become soft and begin to turn clear.

2: Stir in the half and half and add the butter. Heat this mixture to a light boil, stirring frequently.

3: Once the sauce begin to bubble, add in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes. Continue to stir until the cream cheese is melted down and blended into the sauce.

4: Salt and pepper to taste, and pour over your favorite pasta. This sauce will thicken as it cools, and if it is too runny for your taste, add a little more Parmesan cheese. Serve, and enjoy!

Now, as I said above, I had cooked sausage in the skillet before hand, and left the meat and drippings in the pan as I made the sauce, which definitely added its own unique flavor to the sauce. So keep this in mind if you are preparing this with chicken, shrimp, or some other favorite meat. Try this out, make it your own, and let me know how it turns out for you! Also, when the sauce was done, I sprinkled some shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses over top, but this is completely optional. Serve with your favorite bread sticks or garlic toast, and enjoy this creamy delicious sauce.

~Bon Appétit~


No comments:

Post a Comment